Hearing Aid Styles Available at Mission Hearing Aid Center
Hearing aids can be a great tool to help us improve our hearing and maintain our lifestyles, but it’s crucial that we find the ones that meet our needs and are comfortable enough to wear regularly. That is why we carry a variety of styles from different manufacturers at Mission Hearing Aid Center.
Styles We Carry
Some of the styles we carry include:
- Behind the ear- Behind the ear hearing aids fit nicely behind your ear, with a small wire and earmold going inside your ear. The piece behind the ear is where all the technology is placed, while the wire and earmold are responsible for delivering the sound to your inner ear.
- In the canal- In the ear canal hearing aids are small and custom fitted to your ear canal. These aids are only slightly noticeable and are ideal for people who have mild loss of hearing.
- In the ear- In the ear hearing aids fit comfortably in your outer ear. They can also help people with both mild and severe hearing loss.
- Invisible in the Canal- These devices are exactly as they sound: invisible. The aid itself is rather tiny and custom fitted to your canal. It’s best for people with mild hearing loss.
- Completely in the Canal- This kind of device goes completely in your canal, with only a small plastic part accessible in your outer ear. This kind is ideal for moderate loss of hearing.
- Receiver in Canal- The receiver of this device is placed inside the canal with a small compartment placed behind the ear. It’s often a good fit for people who have never used aids before.
Choosing the Best Hearing Device for You
When it comes to getting the right style for you, a lot of factors will come into play. The biggest one will be the severity of your hearing loss since certain styles are more ideal for severe hearing loss than others. Other factors such as comfort, style, and whether or not you want the hearing aid to be visible will come into play as well. At our center, we can help you determine what style is best for you and from which brand. We can help you get the one you need at a price you can afford.
Custom Fitting and Earmolds
Once you’ve nailed down a style and brand, we’ll ensure you’re satisfied with the final product by getting your aids custom fitted and designing custom earmolds for you. These aren’t a one-size-fits-all kind of device. You want to be sure you get one that fits you, is comfortable, and matches your prescription. We’ve got all this and more taken care of.